The Paxton Gambit
Combat progresses through 6 second turns.
STAGE 1: INITIATIVE
As always, we start with Initiative. Roll Combat Sense.
STAGE 2: ATTACK
- Unarmed close combat: Unarmed Combat.
- Armed close combat: Melee.
- Ranged combat: Small Arms
- Unarmed Ranged combat: Throwing.
- Acting against someone lower in turn order than you: +1
- Range: +1 Point Blank, -1 Medium, -2 Long, -3 Extreme
- Attacker Movement: -1 Walking, -2 Jogging, -3 Running
- Defender Movement: +1 Jogging, +2 Running, +2 Dodging (Cumulative with movement)
- Defender Cover: +1 Light, +2 Heavy
- Aiming: +1 per turn to +3 max
- All out Attack: +1 with attack, but lose all Defense
- Burst Fire:
- Concealment: – 1 Poorly lit, -2 Very dim, -3 Barely lit, -4 Complete darkness.
- Drawing Weapon: Takes a turn
- Offhand attack: -2 penalty
- Specified Location: Torso -1, Leg/Arm -2, Head -3, Hand -4, Eye -5
- Surprised: No Defense
Each time you roll a success against an opponent, it does damage. How it affects them depends on the type of damage:
- Bashing Damage: These are bruises that come from kicking and punching. It heals fast. 1 pt of damage sustained.
- Lethal Damage: Gunshots, Blades, etc, normally do lethal damage. 2 pts of damage sustained.
As noted before, the Silhouette system has some distinct problems. Because of this, I may end up altering the combat rules, or changing systems entirely until I am satisfied.